Alumni Program Manager (3-5 days a week)
HackYourFuture is a fast-growing coding school for refugees. Currently refugees in Europe have very few opportunities that prepare them for the job-market. We believe this is a big missed opportunity as we see a lot of potential in this group who could become the next generation of much needed developers. In our program we train refugees to become full-stack web-developers with the clear aim of preparing them for the job-market (for an impression check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFqHXZio6ZM&t).
Within HackYourFuture we actively support our (soon 70+) alumni after graduating in order to facilitate a sustainable career. We do this by creating an alumni network in which our students are regularly introduced to new technologies, get top notch career coaching, are connected to our extensive network in order to find work, and are challenged to build projects that help them further develop their programming skills. We encourage our students to build technology that has a positive impact on society, and have the ambition to build various “tech4good” applications (Examples of student project: www.amsterdamvoorziet.nl). We do all this together with an amazing team of volunteers who all are passionate about programming, and love to help others. The Alumni Director is responsible for leading and further developing our alumni program.
- Setting up career coaching program together with our volunteers
- Organizing a range of interesting 1-day courses on tech-subjects relevant to our alumni
- Partnering with various organizations that can support our alumni in their careers
- Actively scouting job-opportunities for our alumni
- Guiding and facilitating alumni teams that work on various tech-projects with volunteers
- Involving alumni in the organization and content of the alumni group
- Affinity with tech sector and software-development
- Great people skills, with both our alumni as well as CEO’s of various companies
- You don’t need a manager to give you tasks (our organization is very flat)
- You are very passionate about helping our students start a great career
- Hands on mentality, creative problem solving, being able to come up with solutions on the spot, not afraid to pick up tasks that are not in your exact job description.
- Developer/tech background, or profound technical knowledge of software development
Very nice to haves:
- Network in tech-world
- Experience with coaching
- Experience setting up communities/(educational) programs
- Experience working with people from the middle-east and Eritrea.
- All forms of volunteer work experience
Why the job is great:
- Your work directly impacts the lives of really great people
- You’re involved in a community of 45+ talented awesome developers
- It’s a great opportunity to build on your network with various tech companies
- We don’t care how long you work on a day, we care about what you get done
- A lot of room for your own input and ideas
Interested? Send us your CV/LinkedIn and a short letter explaining why our cause matters to you and what you in particular can contribute (email@example.com). If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us via email.
- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? No