What would you do if you could decide the future of software development? That’s exactly what we’re doing at AWS Cloud9. Together we are building next generation tools with an incredible IDE at it’s heart, helping move software development forward and make the art of programming available to more people and a more diverse crowd. We are growing rapidly and are building a diverse team of passionate people that love to learn and become part of a supportive, positive and challenging culture where your voice is heard, your skills appreciated and your learning supported.
You will be leading and supporting a team of incredible software engineers and your experience, insight and guidance will help the team succeed. You are coaching and mentoring your team and helping each member in advancing their careers and reaching their potential within the team. Your strong technial ability, great communication skills and the ability to inspire your team will be key to running and growing a successful service. As a software development manager you are aligning with different stakeholders such as product management or other engineering teams, making sure that timelines are met, dependencies communicated and that teams can fully focus on building great services for developers.
Our team is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, a beautiful city in a country with reportedly the tallest people and the happiest children. It’s very down to earth, and so are we. We simply have a passion for enabling others to do great things with software and are looking for equally passionate people from anywhere in the world and any background and disposition to join us implement this challenging vision.
You’ll work in a highly agile team that uses positive psychology to grow ever closer. We appreciate self-criticism and our meetings and ceremonies center around critical thinking and continuous learning from each other. It is fast paced, creative, hard work and a lot of fun.
If this sounds exciting to you, let us know! We love to meet you!
- 3+ years experience in leading and growing a team of software developers
- Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and managing software systems and teams
- Strong knowledge in software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Passionate about developer tooling and improving developer workflow
- Deep understanding of NodeJS
- Deep understanding of AWS
- Knowledge and appreciation of web standards
- Critical about user experience design
How To Apply
If this job sounds exciting to you, please check this link or send your English resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can send your LinkedIn profile as well as English resume, we’d be happy to get back to you!