Are you looking for an internship on HBO level in an environment that revolves around new ways of working, where the open set up of the office contributes to productivity and where CSR and sustainability are at the core of the business? Would you like to create added value for the next step in your career and get inspired through the organization and sales of sustainable events and meetings? Then apply for an internship at Impact Hub Amsterdam! Here, you will be able to work on your resume and to gain experience in sales, marketing and event management in a sustainable and inspiring environment of social entrepreneurs.
Impact Hub Amsterdam inspires and supports social entrepreneurs. These entrepreneurs work with a balance between gaining profits and making a positive impact. Entrepreneurship for a sustainable change towards a better world. We are part of a worldwide network of 12.000 impact makers in over 84 Impact Hubs worldwide. Impact Hub Amsterdam was founded in 2008 and is situated in the KIT (Royal Tropical Institute) on the edge of the Oosterpark. The 1.200 m2 consists of a co-workingspace, 3 meeting rooms, an event space and a cafe with a courtyard attached. The organizational culture is professional and informal, with a flat structure (Holacracy) and a lot of room for the input of new ideas.
Impact Hub is a place with an entrepreneurial spirit, so a 9 to 5 mentality is not in its place here. The days are dynamic and always alternately. Your internship activities will vary in:
- Sales and accountmanagement: you will be having sales conversations for the purpose of bookings, the creation of price quotes, following up on possible leads and showing site visits around
- Online marketing: including promotion on online platforms, SEO and SEA
- Event management for larger events: i.a. the creation of event scripts and the coordination of the events
- Maintaining contact with partners, suppliers and other relations
- Thinking along regarding possible improvements within sales, marketing and the organization of events.
During the internship, you will learn to bring your professional sales, marketing and event management skills into practice. You develop your leadership and entrepreneurial skills and learn to work guest oriented. After your internship you will be acquainted with new ways of working, you will be able to easily generate creative ideas and you will have created added value for the next step of your professional career as an event & hospitality manager.
Besides learning by doing, it will be possible to combine the internship with one or more graduation assignments. This assignment could, e.g., be focused on: ‘customer relationship management’, ‘competitor analysis’, ‘revenue management’ or ‘quality management’.
- Monthly internship allowance, amount in consultation.
- An independent internship with your own tasks and responsibilities within the Impact Hub event team (bookingsmanager, floormanager, hospitality host, temporary workers and other interns)
- Extensive guidance: a daily contact person and professional mentoring with frequent feedback moments.
- Free participation within relevant workshops and events.
- An inspiring workplace in the middle of Amsterdam and delicious free, organic lunch with the Impact Hub members.
- A large national and international network for your future, during as well as after your internship!
A sales and/or hospitality fanatic who will be helping us with the development of our meeting and events venue! Our ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- A 4th year HBO / university student within the areas of Event Management, Hotelschool, Commercial Economy, Media and Entertainment Management or similar studies.
- Has working experience in the hospitality or events industry.
- Has ‘eye’ for guests and for creating a hospitable environment.
- Commands Dutch and English fluently (speaking and writing)
- Has a creative spirit and a problem-solving mentality.
- Shares affinity with sustainability and social entrepreneurship.
- Start dates are i.a. 1 September and 1 February. Other start dates in consultation.
- Internship period: a minimum of 3 months, availability of at least 3 days a week.
You can apply for this internship through the following link: https://impacthubamsterdam.recruitee.com/o/sales–event-management-stage