We’re looking for an ambitious Backend developer to strengthen our team
in our mission to unchain all creative powers around the world
and grow this beast that we’ve been nurturing for the past three years.
Let’s start of by introducing ourselves…
We worked behind the scenes for many years with artists, managers, booking agencies and touring production teams. We’ve seen up close what it takes to connect an artist with an audience and create that powerful magic moment. There are many people around the artist working very hard to make this possible, but almost nobody has the time to really focus on what they do best.
We believe that an artist should stay in control of his/her own business but have full focus on being creative. A manager should be working on the artist’s career and future instead of dealing with the back-office hassle. And the booking agent should only have to focus on connecting the artist with fans in venues and festivals around the world.
That’s why we created ABOSS; A powerful online back office solution that empowers the artist and his team and ensures that everyone can focus on what they do best.
ABOSS works with some of the leading artists in music, theatre and entertainment. Our drive to excel in offering a state-of-the-art backoffice solution is to unchain creative powers from administrative shit and organisational hassle.
Although ABOSS focuses on perfecting the solution and growing our international client base, the company sees a bright future ahead based on insights.
“The insights that our data can bring to our clients is of insane value. Look at how Netflix approaches machine learning and imagine what role data can play in taking the music industry to unprecedented heights.”
What do we offer?
We’re offering a competitive salary for the function.
40 hour work week
We regularly stick to 40 hours a week, with the occasional special push demanding more.
Paid vacation days
ABOSS offers 20 days of paid vacation on top of national holidays.
You’ll be provided with a new Macbook and all the hardware you need to start rocking your job!
Room for growth
In the constantly growing environment you’ll be working in, there will be room for personal growth as well as bringing ideas to the table. We have an open culture where we appreciate input from the entire team.
Our office is located at TQ the center of Amsterdam, play a game of table tennis during lunch or join a workshop or talk in the club!
Who are we looking for?
Now we are looking for an organised thinker with a strong focus on building for sustainability. You’re pragmatic, learn quickly, and have a proven track record of experience. You communicate well, enjoy taking initiative and love working within a team. You want to get things done, like goals and achieving them.
• We value your mindset above your experience: Are you a self learner? We appreciate a getting things done mentality and love to discuss based on facts and possibilities.
• In our team, everyone is equal. We coach you, you coach us. We dare to challenge each other to get to the best solution. In our team, everyone is a leader on their responsibility.
• Are you ready to scale our system? Rebuilding for more stability? We’re looking for you because you’re able to keep the overview of our current performance and know how to plan.
As your top responsibilities we see:
• Ensuring the quality of our code base and prioritize the needed improvements.
• Securing the quality of our updates and new features through an effective workflow.
• Collaboration. Alignment through constant communication and clarity. We like to update and build on each other. We make checking each other’s code a fun time and help each other to a working solution.
You’re good at:
• Ruby and Ruby on Rails
• PostgreSQL or MySQL, some Redis knowledge is a plus
• Building and maintaining APIs
• Unit Testing
Our Ruby on Rails application is the beating heart of ABOSS. It manages all our clients data, connects parties together and serves as the main API to our React and React Native applications.
Interested in joining our team? Apply here! https://aboss.homerun.co/ruby-developer/en