HackYourFuture is looking for a program manager (Full-time)
As HackYourFuture our goal is to get our students jobs as developers, and have them make a great start for a long-term career. When our students find work, this is just the beginning and they still have many hurdles to cross professionally. In order to help them in this early stage of their career, the Alumni Director is here to support them, and build a community where the alumni can help and support each other professionally. As a foundation, we’re currently shifting towards generating our own revenue streams as an organisation, and we currently generate a part of our revenues by the placement of our students at companies. As an Alumni Director, part of your job will be to scale the revenues from the placements of our students so that HackYourFuture can move further towards a more sustainable organization that is less dependent on donors.
– Support our students find job-positions/internships at various companies + generate revenues out of job placements
– Relationship building with various companies and organizations that can support our alumni and HYF in general
– Building a strong alumni network in which networking and skill-sharing is stimulated
– Great people skills, good in selling our vision, with both our alumni as well as CEO’s of various companies
– Working experience in similar positions.
– You don’t need a manager to give you tasks (our organization is very flat and you will get a lot of freedom to achieve your goals and start own ideas that help us become a better school)
– You are very passionate about helping our students start a great career – Hands on mentality, creative problem solving skills, being able to come up with solutions on the spot, not afraid to pick up tasks that are not in your exact job description.
– Broad network within business world in the Netherlands
Very nice to haves
– Knowledge of software development
– All forms of volunteer work experience
Why the job is great:
– Your work directly impacts the lives of really amazing people, we’ve helped over 50 students find work after our program
– It’s a great opportunity to build on your network with various international companies and organizations – We don’t care how long you work on a day, we care about what you get done – A lot of room for your own input and ideas
– We hold office at the Herengracht with a beautiful garden, and you get a macbook pro to work on.
Interested? Send us your CV/LinkedIn/Github and a short letter explaining why our cause matters to you and what you in particular can contribute (email@example.com). If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us via email. www.hackyourfuture.net
- Languages required Dutch, English
- Open to remote working? Maybe