Do you dream of changing the conference game? So do we! That’s why we’re looking for a new addition to our awesome team: a full time marketing and business development intern that will help WHAT Conference reach the next level.
Born in 2007, Wakoopa is a technology company from Amsterdam with offices in Amsterdam and Barcelona. We have developed a research tool that collects behavioral data – the digital footprints of willing research participants on personal computers, smartphones and tablets in a privacy conscious way.
Last year, we launched our very own event called WHAT Conference. WHAT is the world’s first conference all about behavioral data. After a hugely successful (and super fun!) inaugural edition, we’re bringing the event back bigger and better than ever. That’s a pretty tall order, because we set the bar high last year. In 2018, we’re doubling up on everything – the days, the speakers, and of course the attendees. However, to make the event happen, we’re gonna need your help.
Your day to day tasks would be varied but always focused on making sure the word about WHAT reaches the right ears. From selling tickets, to getting sponsors, to anything else we need to do to make sure this conference is a success – we promise you’ll never be bored. If you’re willing to take it, we’re willing to give you the opportunity to be an all round conference-organizing superstar.
Skills and Requirements
The most important skill is that you should be able to sell a great event to interested parties. The other skills and requirements, which are part of our selection criteria, are:
- Currently studying for a Master’s degree related to marketing and/or business development.
- Perfect communication skills.
- Ready to hustle and willing to get creative to reach our goals.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Able to work independently.
- Enthusiastic team player with a lot of positive energy and a proactive work attitude.
- If you have a secret passion for technology and data that would be great, too!
What we offer
Our current team is a group of passionate people and we enjoy working as a team to get the job done in its best possible way.
- You will get the chance to develop your business and communication skills within an ambitious team and everybody will be happy to give you guidance when needed.
- You will get the freedom to work independently within a highly skilled team, bring in your own ideas as well as to decide in which direction you’d like to specialise in.
- You will work in a young and enthusiastic team which loves good coffee, lunches together in our office, favors our Friday afternoon drinks and will kick your ass in a game of Mario Kart.
We offer an internship period of at least 5 months (4 or 5 days a week) and we will pay you money. The start date of the internship is as soon as possible and we have a long-term opportunity for the right candidate.
5 reasons to join us
- You’ll work with a bunch of talented, likeable, crazy people. Look at us!
- There are flexible working hours and no ‘house rules’. When you do the job well, you make your own.
- Every ‘Wakoopian’ has its own 27-inch monitor, laptop, and a cup filled with great coffee at our office in the centre of Amsterdam.
- You’ll get free, delicious and healthy lunch every day at the office.
- We’ll take you to conferences, to our office in Barcelona or anywhere you need to be to make great things happen.
If you’re up for the challenge, send us your motivation and resume to Bernou Benne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are only hiring candidates directly, so no freelance candidates and no candidates via job agencies please.
- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? No