For a start-up, nothing is as important as providing a good customer experience! Everything centers around service, and we’re looking for help in this critical area.
What is Scribbr?
In 2012, we started with a simple site that students could use to get their papers checked by freelance editors.
Since then, we have become the market leader in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and France – thanks to continuously working to improve our site and services.
We are on our way to conquering the rest of the world and are among the fastest growing companies in the Netherlands. We need you to help us continue to grow!
At Scribbr, our main goal is to support students at the most important point in their academic career: graduation!
Our customer support team ensures that new orders that come in are assigned to the most appropriate editors, solves problems and answers all questions from editors and students alike. They work in both German and English.
As the team is relatively small (12 to 16 colleagues), you’ll be directly involved in both developing and implementing new projects. This means you’ll also be actively contributing to Scribbr’s growth.
What we are looking for
Our ideal customer support team member already has some experience in customer service, has strong communication skills and is native German.
You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and you’re a bit of a control freak.
Is offering help second nature to you and would you like to support students trying to graduate? Would you like to develop and grow in a company with a dynamic culture? Then we’re looking for you!
What will you be actually doing?
- You’ll be responsible for all orders that come in and will work hard to make the editing process a success – from the document uploading stage to contacting students after order delivery to ask if we can help with anything. Everything should be the best experience possible!
- You’ll identify issues that could create problems and look for good solutions. This may include issues related to Word, editors who are suddenly sick and order complaints.
- You’ll help students by answering questions on topics such as language, plagiarism and concerns about the APA style. The students who need your help come from everywhere – including the Middle East, the US, Australia, Europe, Africa and China.
- You’ll also serve as the first stop for editors who need help related to their assignments and do your best to support them in their work. Our editors are native speakers and work all over the world – which means you’ll have to regularly solve puzzles related to different time zones.
- Every day, you’ll work closely with both your on-site colleagues and our editors to meet deadlines and help ensure that students graduate.
- You’ll be actively involved in further developing the support process!
Who will you be working with?
Scribbr features a young and enthusiastic team that’s composed of many different nationalities, from Brazilian to Egyptian. Together with you, we make sure that students who use our services are always satisfied!
We’re also aiming to go the extra mile to make Scribbr even more successful. At the office you’ll find a liberal amount of bad jokes, creative energy and real go-getters.
Your profile and must haves
- At least 1 year of experience in customer support (or something similar)
- Perfect command of German and English (both spoken and written)
- An ability to work and think at least an university level
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; interest in different software is also welcomed!
- A multi-tasker who is both inquisitive and able to cope with stress
- Interest in joining us for a beer on Fridays!
- A full-time job in a cool office at the TQ tech space in the heart of Amsterdam, including a great lunch and plenty of coffee.
- A monthly salary of €2,000 to €2,750, depending on your experience.
- A great deal of space for growth and development, including in relation to the customer experience. Through close contact with the developers and designers, you’ll also learn a lot about different software and backend systems.
- A very international, ambitious and informal working atmosphere.
- Lots of responsibility and freedom.
- A wide variety of tasks that are completed using practical approaches.
- Champagne upon the achievement of goals – and as we set lots of goals, we tend to drink champagne fairly regularly. ;).
Are you the person we’re looking for?
If so, send your CV and a motivation statement to email@example.com.