Full Stack Developer 691 views
- Postal Code 1091 CW
- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? No
Who are we
Primephonic is a digital music start-up that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. With the best 100% classical music streaming service we seek to reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre. Classical music lovers are currently heavily underserved in the digital space, we have the ambition to change this by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, with the highest audio quality and the best search in the industry. At the same time, we also pay out classical artists in a fairer way. Primephonic launched its streaming service (iOS, Android and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands this Fall. Our global roll out is planned for 2019. Based in Amsterdam, with a commercial office in New York City, our rapidly growing team is home to over 20 classical music lovers of ten different nationalities.
As a Full-Stack Engineer at Primephonic, you will have a decisive role in defining the technical roadmap and establishing the backbone of our business. You will get to work with a ridiculously modern technology stack, in well-designed, well-maintained and well-tested projects. This is your chance to shine, and armed with your expertise on both web development as well as API design, forever break the gap between frontend and backend!
Our platform is made up of several different systems. From robust APIs powering our apps, to music label reporting, to complex musical metadata matching, to high-throughput streaming services, which are all crucial to our business. We can’t wait to show you the tech powering it all!
Together with our partners at Q42 who helped us build our initial MVP, you will work alongside other talented developers to bring your ideas from implementation to production. Once you’re comfortable and up-to-speed, you will take up a leading role in developing, maintaining and monitoring our platform fully in-house.
Who is our Full Stack Developer?
As an early engineering hire at Primephonic, you are someone not afraid of new challenges. You’re confident with your coding skills as you have a few years of work experience in a startup already, but you’re not content with just solving problems…you want to solve the right problems. This is where your critical thinking and analytical mindset should come into play, by having the perfect combination of tech skills and product mindset, to help prioritize, optimize, and together with the team, build the most solid streaming service available.
As our Full Stack Developer it would be even better if you have:
- Experience in serverless architectures
- Elasticsearch modeling knowledge
- Experience in distributed systems, database design
- Experience in high throughput streaming servers
What will you do as our Full Stack Developer?
- Design and deliver new features and APIs
- Implement new features on our web application
- Develop solutions which are scalable, reliable and reusable
- Optimize streaming services
Some technologies we work with
- Express, Yarn, Bash, CircleCI, Docker
- AWS (EC2, Lambdas, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.)
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
- You will get a non-sugarcoated insight in the world of streaming services and the way we disrupt the market.
- Purpose driven organization: our product makes people truly happy
- You will join a very inspiring, global, international young team of 20 music lovers from 10 different countries.
- Great office life, masterclasses, monthly office outings & strategy sessions, fresh cooked lunch, and Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
- Good compensation and a contribution to the pension scheme
- 25 holidays
- Last but not least a free subscription to the Primephonic app!
- This job has expired!