At A/BZ – Department of Extraordinary Affairs we are looking for a Full Stack Developer!
Within a team of ten as a strategic design firm we work together to solve complex (social) issues. The vague ideas of our clients about a possible future we put into tangible interactive products and experiences. We literally take the future into the present. We also have our daughter company Openr, a unique intercom system and access control system which you can open doors with your smartphone.
As a Full Stack Developer (32-40 hours) you’ll take ad hoc programming business out of our hands. You shall ensure that the design of websites and interactive prototypes, the front-end, back-end, database, operating system and the server work well together.
What does that mean?
- Within each project something * else is required which also gives you space to build new skills or to work with new resources.
- You’re involved in the conceptual phase, will translate ideas into fast and inventive technical solutions, scope your work independently or in a team. You are responsible for the development of prototype fase to final product (embedded, web and app).
- You work well in a hectic and growing environment because every month we face new challenges and clients.
* That may be one approach, programming language, purpose, level or fierce output
What do you have?
- At least a college education with 1-2 years of experience in a similar function
- Demonstrable extensive and broad knowledge in Web technology (backend and frontend)
- Experience with backend, more complex websites and server management
- A critical gaze at estimating the feasibility, difficulty, duration etc. of projects
- Enthusiasm for the development of truly high-profile services and experiences
Who are you?
- Independent hacker
- Socially skilled *
- Efficient, organized and structured
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and Dutch
* = There’s always a developer at your side.
What do you get?
- A nice opportunity to work for a variety of organizations
- Competitive salary
- Space and budget for yourself, knowledge and skills
- Laptop and other equipment
- Tasty lunch
- Open minded and forward thinking co-workers
- Insanely office at Rotterdam’s finest harbor
Is this you? Then apply now!