StuDocu (known as StudeerSnel.nl in The Netherlands) is an online platform where students can share study-related content and get in touch with fellow students. Currently we have well over 1.800.000 users and 3 million monthly pageviews, growing at a rate of about 10% a month. We’ve quickly grown in The Netherlands over the past few years and the time has come to spread our wings and take the rest of the world by storm.
We aim to play a big part in the liberalization of the worldwide education system. With rising tuition fees and income inequality, we feel there is a need for an online education platform where students all over the world share their knowledge for free. We want to make education available for everyone with an internet connection, anywhere in the world.
In The Netherlands we are the no.1 website in online education support. With 150.000.000 students worldwide you could be the one helping us to reach all of them. By 2030 there will be 500 million people with a master’s degree and you will be one of the people who made this possible.
Our team is still small which will put you right at the core of our developer team. Joining us now gives you the opportunity to be one of our team leaders in the future.
In our Amsterdam office you will find the informal atmosphere you would expect from a start-up company. We’re based in a nice and bright office in the heart of Amsterdam with a large garden, right besides the canals. Every day we all have lunch together and once a week we’ll crack open a few beers, bring out our table- tennis and football! And let’s not forget about the occasional pubquizzes, board game nights and bbq cook-offs!
What we bring to the table
- You will be helping to build a product that aids almost 2 million of students worldwide excel in their courses.
- You will have an important say in the product we’re building
- Your own workspace including an iMac or MacBook Pro
- A free healthy lunch and unhealthy snacks every day
- A great team of young and ambitious people
- An awesome office in the centre of Amsterdam with a huge garden, right next to the canals
- Money :)
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Solid English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Eager to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Bonus points if you have experience with A/B testing, AWS Cloud Infrastructure, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, UI design or SEO