Startup Corner is looking for a community officer! Are you ready to work in the fast-pace startup environment and be part of a growing initiative in Rotterdam? Read on!
Startup Corner is the one-stop-shop for tech startup support, initiated by YES!Delft, StartupDelta and Metropoolregio Rotterdam Den Haag (MRDH). We provide tech startups with all the building blocks needed to accelerate their growth. From finance, to HR to launching customers, Startup Corner is the place to be. Furthermore, startups can get support and ask questions to the community. Last but not least, startups are invited to exclusive partner events to gain knowledge on specific topics like latest grant trends.
We went live in late April and are growing by the day. To be able to support that growth, we are looking for an awesome Community Officer!
Community Officer: About your role – a day in your job
- First up, your inbox: invitations to different startup events around Rotterdam/Delft area and messages from partners.
- Also, a partner contacts you to arrange a knowledge session. You give them a call, ask for the needs and will help set up the event and do promotions for it.
- In collaboration with our Digital Officer you go through the newest data findings, as you do every month. You evaluate our progress, report this and communicate some interesting facts to your Marketing colleague for external usage.
- One of our startups had a successful meetup with a partner, so you will plan an appointment to record a video with them about their experience and ask for some quotes. Then, you spar with our Social Media Expert about putting it in the content planning and attracting attention.
- After lunch, you announce new Startup Corner partners to our community and invite startups to connect with them. In between, you receive a call from a partner asking for some assistance.
- At 4 PM, you wrap up your day by visiting a networking event in Rotterdam, to scout startups for our platform and pitch our platform to potential partners.
- For tomorrow you plan to finalize a partner contract, write a partnership evaluation report and meet with your manager to discuss how to act upon your latest platform findings.
As you can tell – you will be a very important part of the daily Startup Corner business. You’ll be the first contact person for current partners that might have questions regarding their partner page, appointments or hosting events for our startups. Also, you track platform activity and escalate any important findings to the manager. Thinking proactively, on your feet and acting directly is part of your job. Signaling issues and chances to help us grow and communicating these to the team manager are part of your role. Not only satisfying both parties (startups, partners) but also making sure the platform’s quality is in place will be your responsibility.
– Energetic, assertive, pragmatic person with guts
– Loves to organize, analyze, communicate & be of help to others
– Affinity with startups and entrepreneurship. 1+ years of comparable experience is a plus
– A great command of English and Dutch are required.
– Living in the Rotterdam/Delft area
About our offer to you
– 2/3 days freelance
– Centrally located office: CIC in Groothandelsgebouw (next to Rotterdam Central Station)
– Independency, room for input and creativity
– Growing with the organization and making big steps with and within the team
– Extremely dynamic environment
– Laptop/phone provided by us
– Rate based on experience
– Start date: August 1st
– Possibility of contracted employment after 1 year
Are you our new Community Officer?
Apply before July 11th by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- motivation: a short video (2 minutes max, no editing) or in text
- your LinkedIn page/CV